Find the Title Deed to your Need
Heb 11:1 “Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title-deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality–faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses.” Amp
- Find your title-deed to the answer in God’s Word.
- A lawyer does not rest on the mercy of the court but on law. They need some proof that gives their client reason to prevail.
- Finding scriptures to form your evidence that God will grant you want you want is a foreign strange practice for many Christians.
- Normal. Pray that God will help and base it on his benevolence and on his will.
- Evidence—ground for belief.
- Dinosaurs museum.
- Proof—is evidence that is so complete and convincing as to put a conclusion beyond reasonable doubt.
- Proof is God’s Word.
- Hotel or Airline. Bring in the confirmation number and you get the hotel room.
- Story of Fort Worth trip and La Quinta.
- Once you have determined in your heart that you are going to overcome by the Word of God, the next step is to find in God’s Word the promise that answers your problem.
- Sold my van. Had the title.
- Detective snoop and search until they find the thing that they are looking for.
- We need to be like a detective, carefully searching God’s Word until we find sufficient evidence which our faith can be grounded in.
12 And he is also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also walk in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised.
- We are to walk in the footsteps of Abraham. What makes Abraham’s faith distinct from other people’s faith.
- How did Abraham’s faith work?
18 Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” 19 Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead — since he was about a hundred years old — and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. 20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.
- God makes promises; and we Amen the promises.
34 I will not violate my covenant
or alter what my lips have uttered.
- God is just and is a lawmaker, and thus, his nature does not allow Him to deceive us.
14 Is anything too hard for the Lord?
- Israel at first followed in the footsteps of Abraham.
You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed. 15 But just as every good promise of the Lord your God has come true,
- God keeps His promises.
2 Cor 1:20-21
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.
- Christianity is based on the legal covenant God made with Israel. He promised to send the Messiah, he fulfilled it, and now their are promises based on the covenant that we claim.
- “Claim” is a legal term. You make it based on what’s yours.
- Baggage claim ticket. You pick only your luggage.
If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
- Jesus tells u that when we have God’s word concerning our desire then we have what we asked of him.
8 For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God’s truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs 9 so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy,
- What has God promised?
1 John 2:25
25 And this is what he promised us — even eternal life.
- Lie: Great hope that I will, but it’s up to God.
25 Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, 26 and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.
- Truth: Health, guaranteed.