DIVINE ORDER OF FAITH
Don’t Compare yourself to others
- Frustration. I see it on people’s faith. Their faith does not seem to be working. Don’t compare your faith with others.
4 Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else,
- Pastor’s wife died yet she appeared strong in faith.
- George Mueller never asked for money, yet ran his Ashley Down orphanage.
- Jerry Savelle stopped working for 3 months.
- Houston pastor did not sell his Cds and books.
- Personal relationship with God.
12 So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God
1 Cor 14:33
33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace. As in all the congregations of the saints,
1 Cor 14:40
40 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.
“Everything” includes life of faith.
Col 2:5 “I am with you in spirit, joying and beholding your order and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.” KJV
- God is a God of order.
A. Many people are not experiencing the promise benefits of faith, because many times they have never understood the divine order of faith.
B. God’s heavenly kingdom is a place of order.
C. Creation: simple to complex. From Chaos to Order.
D. Cooking. Sequence.
E. Quakers: Unpreprogammed friends meeting.
F. God can still surprise you and awe you and still be in order.
G. Grand Canyon, Sonia and I saw awed by the sunset.
H. Old Testament presentation of an offering was done orderly—by procedure.
1. Male without defect
2. Entrance to the tent of meeting
3. Lay his hand on the head
4. Then slaughter
5. Aaron’s sons sprinkle blood against the altar
6. Skin the burnt offering
7. Cut in into pieces
8. Put fire on the altar
Ordination of Aaron was orderly. See Lev 8.
D. Universe is orderly
E. Feeding of five thousand was done orderly
F. Turning of water into wine.
G. Wash in the poor of Siloam.
H. Before you can submit to the divine order of
faith, you need to have a good working understanding of what faith is.
17 For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”
- Just shall LIVE by faith.
A. Not, “The righteous shall be made righteous by faith.” That’s a forgone conclusion.
B. Why is it necessary to live by faith
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
I Jn 5:4
4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
C. Positive Psychology can’t make you overcome. Faith in God can.
Heb 11:1-6 v.1 KJV “Now faith is the substance (that which a thing consist or is made from) of things hope, the evidence of things not see.”
2 Cor 5:7 “Live by faith not by sight”
- Faith is the stuff the universe is made out of.
A. It is unseen material.
B. The universe is the product of faith-filled words
C. God was the first to operate by faith. Universe not seen.
D. God’s Word created everything.
E. When you pick up the Bible, you hold in your hands the words that can produce healing, money, sound mind, marriage restoration, victory over any problem.
F. Need for faith, because doubt was the nature of the fall.
- Identify the problem
- Make a decision to overcome the problem God’s way.
- Find the Title deed to an answer in God’s Word.
- Hear the Word concerning your victory.
- Meditate the Word to get into your spirit.
- Speak the Word to cause it to come to pass
7. Act on the Word.
8. Apply the force of patience.
9. Understand that there is an appointed time and a due season for your answer to come.
10. Expect the answer.