Identify the Real Problem
15 Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them.
A. One of the first things to happen when you get serious about God’s Word is an increase in problems.
- Identify the problem
- Make a decision to overcome the problem God’s way.
- Find the Title deed to an answer in God’s Word.
- Hear the Word concerning your victory.
- Meditate the Word to get into your spirit.
- Speak the Word to cause it to come to pass
- Act on the Word.
- Apply the force of patience.
- Understand that there is an appointed time and a due season for your answer to come.
- Expect the answer.
A. Satan is the problem.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
1. Alcoholic husband is not the problem.
2. Calling fire down from heaven.
B. Worrying over your children is the problem.
C. YOU HAVE TO FIND WHICH MOUNTAIN IS REALLY IN YOUR WAY.
D. First step: Identify the problem
E. Second step: Make a quality decision to overcome the problem God’s way.
1 Pet 4:15
15 If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler.
- Self-inflicted wounds.
A. Three biblical examples:
- “Tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”
13 Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”
- Ahab, “You have brought trouble to Israel.”
1 Kings 18:17-18
17 When he saw Elijah, he said to him, “Is that you, you troubler of Israel?”
18 “I have not made trouble for Israel,” Elijah replied. “But you and your father’s family have. You have abandoned the Lord’s commands and have followed the Baals.
- Achan, stealing devoted things from the Lord.
1But the Israelites acted unfaithfully in regard to the devoted things; Achan son of Carmi, the son of Zimri, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took some of them. So the LORD’s anger burned against Israel.
10 The LORD said to Joshua, “Stand up! What are you doing down on your face?
11 Israel has sinned; they have violated my covenant, which I commanded them to keep. They have taken some of the devoted things; they have stolen, they have lied, they have put them with their own possessions.
- Pray that my son doesn’t go to jail.
- Generational sin patterns, not the curse.
- Robbing God of tithes.
- Copeland telling Jerry Savelle, “Your problem is your big mouth.
- Not nice to people. Not politics at work.
- Marriage, no good men in El Paso.
- Daughter accusing mother of being a witch. This was the reason nothing was going well for the daughter.
16 “Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
- Gluttony or high blood pressure.
- Lack of finances or laziness.
- Wife unhappy being stranded at her house.
- Depression or sin.
- Lack of the gifts or lack of the word?
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
- When in a trial ask for wisdom to identify the real problem.
A. One: Love walk with others.
B. Two: Sin in your life.
C. Three: Your mouth and negative mind.
D. Four: Thorn in the flesh. “Walk independent of the circumstances.”
i. EW Kenyon. 1867–1948, one of the best Bible teachers. Revelation. Seen the Lord. Miracles in his life. Yet his ministry was never huge. Picture of EW Kenyon
E. Five: Attack of the enemy
F. The faith life is not a lifestyle where you figure out all the things you want from God, and then ask him for them.