The Authority in the Name
6 Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”
16 By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see.
- People struggle in receiving from God, because they are not aware of the power invested in the Name of Jesus.
- “Tom stretch out your hands. Whenever you lay hands on the sick in my name, I will lay hands on them with you.”
- Faith is an unconscious act, much like pushing an
elevator button. We are confident it will work.
- Shocked, only if it doesn’t work.
- Faith in the name & FAITH COMES THROUGH HIM.
Acts 16:18 “In the name of Jesus…come out of her”
- W. Kenyon was giving an address on the Name of Jesus when a lawyer interrupted, “Do you mean to say that Jesus gave us the power of attorney, the legal right to use his name.”
- We have the power of attorney. Power of Attorney is a legal agreement made by a person authorizing another to act in his place.
- Jesus gave the Church the right to use his name.
2 The nations will see your righteousness,
and all kings your glory;
you will be called by a new name
that the mouth of the Lord will bestow.
- Five uses of the name of Jesus. Prayer, combat, Healing, Infilling of the Spirit and Salvation.
- Prayer, Jn 16:23-24
26 Living Bible “Then you will present your petitions over my signature.”
- Jesus has signed the check, you simply
present it to the Father so that He can cash it.
Prayer is based purely on legal grounds.
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons;
Police, Stop in the NAME OF THE LAW.
they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
- Filling others with the Spirit,
they will speak in new tongues;
Ac 4:12 “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.
- We are about to examine marvelous truths about the authority we have in the name of Jesus. These truths are almost beyond our capacity to grasp. But as we feed upon them, little by little they will become a part of our inner consciousness.
- The value of the power of attorney is dependant on how much authority is behind the name.
- We much search to find how much authority and power is behind the name of Jesus.
- Kenneth Hagin, “Once these truths really dawn on our hearts, it will be said of us as it was in the Old Testament, “There are giants in the Land.” For this will make us to become spiritual giants.”
- Check writing privileges.