God is never late
3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come and will not delay.
- God is always on time.
- Some have God on their personal timetable. If he doesn’t come through when they think He needs to, they assume something must be wrong somewhere.
- God is not bound by our concepts of time.3 There is a time for everything,
- and a season for every activity under heaven:
- Eccl 3:1
- God’s time is the best time and the right time.
- Personal frustration about national ministry.Gal 6:9-10
- 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Proper time. Means: “set time.” “Season”
- Seasons have fixed time, but the weather does not always follow the set time.
- Your duty during the waiting season is to “not become weary in doing good.“
- He did NOT say, “Don’t stop doing good.” It’s about being “weary.”
- “Weary” means to “fail in heart.” You may go through the motions, but your heart is not in obeying God.
- Go to church, but heart is not in it.
- Go to work
- Still married
- Kenneth Hagin, Willing and obedient and you will eat the best of the land.
2 Pet 3:9
9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
- Understand that there is an appointed time and due season.
- Where the promises of God are concerned, it’s not a matter of “if” He’s going to come through, it’s only a matter of “When”.
- Actually, God is waiting on you.
- Waiting for you to rejoice;
- waiting for you to change;
- waiting for you to have hope. 4 When he heard this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.” 5 Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. 6 Yet when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days.
- John 11:4-6
- C. Story of ordaining deacons too early.
- Story of Lazarus.
- Must declare the end from the beginning. “This sickness willl not end it death.”
- “God is coming through. God will not delay. I will reap at the proper time. My faith will be rewarded.”
- God’s perfect timing is meant to bring about His greater glory.
- God loves us even when it appears bad things are happening to us.Acts 3:5
- 5 So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.
- Expect the Answer. Called hope. 20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.
- Phil 1:20
- Catcher and pitcher. Catcher is in a receiving posture44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
- Matt 24:44
- When a woman is with child, we say that she is
- Have parties.
- Buy cribs
- Sick person doesn’t stay away from a miracle service.
- Unemployed person doesn’t stay home.
- Single man doesn’t dress sloppily.
- Heavy person doesn’t throw away all the small clothes.
- Just as I expected. Negative.