Speak the Word
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your 1mouth and in your heart,” that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9 That if you confess with 2 your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the 3 heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- Notice that three times the correlation between the heart that believes, and the mouth that confesses. Relationship between believing and speaking.
- The word must also be in the mouth.
- “confess with mouth” & “believe with heart”
- v 8, “the word is near you.”
- 10 “confession is made (created) unto salvation”
- Create in the Hebrew mind comes from a word (bara’ baw raw) that means to “cut down” as in a tree. Just as a carpenter takes wood and makes a table, so you can take God’s Word and create salvation.
- Isn’t interesting that Jesus was a carpenter.
- Salvation is the Greek Word, soteria.—E.W. Vines defines it as heath, salvation, deliverance. It is an all inclusive word. “All inclusive vacation” flight, hotel, food, entertainment, and excursions.
- Believing alone did not create salvation, confession was needed to complete faith.
- Confession=Gr “Homologeo”–Homo=same Logeo=speak
- Confession is speaking or saying the same; agreeing with.
- We should agree with God and say the same thing He says.
5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
- Confession is to say the same thing as God says.
- Not blab it grab it. But confess it possess it.
17 As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed– the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.
- Jesus was a carpenter, so he created things. You must confess it before you get it. Wrong things we say…
- When God answers my prayer, then I will know he heard me.
- When God heals my body, then I will know I am better.
- When the money comes in, then I will know that God supplies my need.
- When I speak in tongues, then I will know I have received the Holy Spirit.
- You must sign for the package before you possess it. Your confession is your signing for the gifts God gives you.
- Just as God created the worlds with his words, you create your world with your words. Don’t use the devil’s words. Don’t use man’s words. USE God’s Words.
- Heb 8:12
12 For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”
- Isa 53:4-5
4 Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
- Ps 21:2-3
2 You have granted him the desire of his heart
and have not withheld the request of his lips.
3 You welcomed him with rich blessings
- Ps 79:8
8 Do not hold against us the sins of the fathers;
may your mercy come quickly to meet us,
for we are in desperate need.
- 1 Cor 2:16
But we have the mind of Christ.
- 1 Cor 1:30
30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God — that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
- Rom 6:14
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
- Isa 33:24
24 No one living in Zion will say, “I am ill”;
30 Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.”
- But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.”
- Notice the contrast between what Caleb said and what the ten spies said.
“we can certainly do it.”
“we can’t attack those people”
- Each group’s destiny was settled by their words.
24 But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it.
2 Cor 4:13
13 It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak,
28 So tell them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Lord, I will do to you the very things I heard you say:
- Caleb had the spirit of faith. God’s Word was in both his heart and mouth.
21 The tongue has the power of life and death,
and those who love it will eat its fruit.
- The tongue can produce both life and death, blessings and curses.
10 But Joshua had commanded the people, “Do not give a war cry, do not raise your voices, do not say a word until the day I tell you to shout. Then shout!”
- Jericho—sweet place. Place of inheritance.
- Walk around—revolve the scriptures on your inheritance.
- Trumpets sounded, but the people said nothing.
- Trumpets—hearing the word preached.
- Walking around—meditating the Word.
- Shout—confession of victory.
- Their shout blasted down the walls.
Scriptures on Confession:
James 3:10 Out of the same mouth come praise & …
James 3:8 No man can tame the tongue
Prov 18:20-21 “Fruit of his mouth…Life and death..
Matt 15:10 “What comes out of his mouth makes him…
Matt 12:34 Out of the abundance of the heart…
Matt 12:37 For by your words you will be justified.