You Need to Keep Hearing the Word
Col 2:5 KJV “I am with you in spirit, joying and beholding your order and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.”
- Faith has certain procedures that we must be followed in order to get the benefits of faith.
Step one: Identify the problem.
Step two: Make a quality decision to overcome the
problem God’s way.
Step Three: Find your title deed to an answer in
Step Four: Keep hearing the Word concerning your victory. .
I Jn 5:4
4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
- Faith is the thing God gave us to overcome the World–sin, sickness, poverty, demons.
- Some have heard the faith message and have given up, because they did not realize that faith encounters battles, and they could only be won by a continual replenishing of the Word.
- US sold Israel more ammunition.
- Faith is not a once and all life time belief. You must continue to feed your faith. People change beliefs all the time.
- A 30 year old car does not necessarily have more gas in the tank that a spanking new car. Miles does not equate to the amount of fuel.
- Explain why an old believer may be more defeated than a new believer.
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- Step four: Keep on hearing God’s Word all the time.
- Your ears are one of two gateways to your spirit. Eyes the other.
- Three basic ways to hear the word.
- Read Scripture
- Confess the Word yourself.
- Hear the Word preach. “Consequently” or “So then” is a conjunction to what he said before.
14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
- Faith comes more by hearing an anointed preacher than by either reading Scripture or by confessing the Word yourself.
- Teaching and Preaching must go along with the reading of Scripture.
1 Tim 4:13
13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching.
- If simply reading Scripture was the best way for faith to come, then it would be wiser to simply come to church and read a lot of Scripture and skip the teaching and preaching.
- The teaching and preaching must be based on the Scripture.
- Why is it that when we hear an anointed preacher that faith comes more easily than when we simply read the Scriptures during our private times? Because God ordain the teacher and preacher to explain more fully the meaning of God’s Word, and this causes faith to come. You cannot have faith if you do not understand the Word.
30 Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. “Do you understand what you are reading?” Philip asked.
31 “How can I,” he said, “unless someone explains it to me?” So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.
9 Then Nehemiah the governor, Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who were instructing the people said to them all, “This day is sacred to the LORD your God. Do not mourn or weep.” For all the people had been weeping as they listened to the words of the Law.
- Simply hearing Scripture read does not produce faith.
12 Then all the people went away to eat and drink, to send portions of food and to celebrate with great joy, because they now understood the words that had been made known to them.
- It was only when the ministers explained and interpreted the Word did the people have joy.
- Many people, because they have not understood the Word, will get under condemnation and doubt when they read the Bible. Only until a minister explains it does joy and faith come.
- Reading the Scripture provides the basis for you to receive revelation from the teaching of the Word.
- He that reads little or nothing of the Scripture usually does not get much out of the message.
- Daily hearing the Word.
- “He that has ears to hear…”
10 Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many.
21 Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart;
22 for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.
34 Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.
- Listen daily to God’s Word.
- Hygene (wash, eat, sleep, brush teeth)
- Faith does NOT come by having heard.
3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.
- You cannot live on yesterday’s meal.
- Evidence you are not living daily on the Word: you are being humbled with circumstances.
- You will never win a battle on the shells you fired in the last war.
2 Pet 1:12
12 So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have.
- Need to keep hearing the Word of God so that your faith will be established.
- “Remind“—to say the same thing over again.
- “even though you know them and are firmly established”.
- “firmly established in the truth you NOW HAVE.”
- You are never established in faith by the truth you once had.
- Peter and the apostles had to hear about Christ death seven times at least.
Mt 16:21-22; 17:12; 20:17-19; 21:39; 26:2; 26:31-35
- Pay attention until the day dawns.
2 Pet 1:19
19 And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
3 My heart grew hot within me,
and as I meditated, the fire burned;
then I spoke with my tongue:
- Revelation, meditation and proclamation.
- You will never receive revelation of the Word until you are willing to stay in it a long time.
- Illustration: 30 second News clip are taken from hours and hours of film.
- How to get revelation. You must stay long into the Word and keep hearing messages until you get revelation.
27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
32 They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”
- Seven mile (60 stadia) walk from Jerusalem to Emmaus. 2 1/2 hour Bible study or less.
- We are people in need of motivation.