Create an Atmosphere of Praise
9 After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:
“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.” …
13 Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes — who are they, and where did they come from?”
14 I answered, “Sir, you know.”
And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore,
“they are before the throne of God
and serve him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. …
17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;…
- Palm branches, a picture of Praise.
8 A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road.
14 The blind and the lame came to him at the temple, and he healed them.
“‘From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise’?”
- Praise is the atmosphere that God’s presence thrives in.
3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
- Birds inhabit the sky, fish the sea–God praises.
- Revelation pictures:
- In his temple
- Spread the tent over them.
- Result: They “come out” of the great tribulation.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
- Praise and Thankgiving.
- Praise, adoration for who someone is.
- Thanksgiving, gratitude for what someone gave.
- The way into God’s presence is thanksgiving and praise.
5 they spoke against God and against Moses, and said, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the desert? There is no bread! There is no water! And we detest this miserable food!”
6 Then the Lord sent venomous snakes among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died. 7 The people came to Moses and said, “We sinned when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Pray that the Lord will take the snakes away from us.” So Moses prayed for the people.
- Ingratitude is the devil’s playground.
- Satan does more dirty work with people who are ungrateful.
- Complained against the Lord (circumstances) and against those the Lord gave you.
22 He who finds a wife finds what is good
and receives favor from the Lord.
- When you are not grateful for the people in your life, the devil begins to work on your mind like never before.
- Some are bitten with illness, others with lack and poverty.
17 One day as he was teaching, Pharisees and teachers of the law, who had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem, were sitting there. And the power of the Lord was present for him to heal the sick.
- When the people honored Jesus by packing out the worship house, the power was available to heal.
- There is an electrifying atmosphere when a room is packed. It shows honor to the one that everyone came out to hear.
- Jesus could not do many miracles in Nazareth.
- Illustration: Woman does not know how to wash her clothes. Husband cleans window. She learned how to wash her clothes. Everyday a Friday, page 170
- You can learn to see the best in people or the worse.
- Noisy people are critical people.
- Plastic surgeons can do anything with the nose, except keep it out of other people’s business.
From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.
- Satan does a lot of chattering when he finds a lack of praise and gratefulness.
- Apple a day keeps the doctor away. Praise everyday keeps the devil at bay.
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
- Complaining, grumbling, and criticizing is the language of Satan. It is his clothes.
1 Sam 16:23
23 Whenever the spirit from God came upon Saul, David would take his harp and play. Then relief would come to Saul; he would feel better, and the evil spirit would leave him.
- Saul would fall into depression until David played praise music on his harp, then the devil would leave him.
1 Thess 5:16-18
16 Be joyful always; 17 pray continually; 18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
- Powerful Trinity verses: joyful aways, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances.
- Job could feel like a circumstance. Marriage could feel like a circumstance. Why? Because not thankful to God for them.
- Life is like a camera: focus on what’s important; capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don’t work out, take another shot.
- Be generous on compliments and stingy on complaints.
17 I will sacrifice a thank offering to you
and call on the name of the Lord.
18 I will fulfill my vows to the Lord
in the presence of all his people,
19 in the courts of the house of the Lord —
in your midst, O Jerusalem.
Praise the Lord.
- Sometimes you must sacrifice thanksgiving.
- Praise is a weapon.
- Praise activates the spirit world.
- Praise confuses the enemy and releases the Power of God.
- Praise is a lifestyle.
- Praise frees others too. (Paul and Silan in prisons, chains broke)
- Praise must be wholehearted. Not a technique.